ACCESSING TECHNICAL SUPPORT OR BUSINESS ADVISORY SERVICES
The Bahamas Agricultural and Industrial Corporation (BAIC) is the government institution mandated to assist Bahamian entrepreneurs and business with formulating business plans and providing them with business advisory services.
BAIC has offices in Nassau and Freeport.
For more information, please visit their website http://www.baic.gov.bs/
For more general information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 702-5700.
The Business Advisory Services Unit (BASU) was re-established in February 2014.
The mandate of the BASU is as follows:
- Provide support to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) with current operational problems/challenges
- Develop tools to assess customers’ weaknesses and Technical and Business Advisory needs
- Facilitate accounting support on behalf of Bahamas Development Bank clients
- Provide business management support either directly or indirectly to Bahamas Development Bank clients identified
- Assist with identifying computer systems that can assist clients to enhance their operations
- Assist in project planning and the implementation of the same to aide in the MSME identified success.
- Facilitate training where necessary on recent developments impacting small businesses, such as Value Added Tax
- Promote awareness of grants, benefits and programs facilitated by multi-lateral organizations and institutions geared toward assisting MSME’s
- Assist in identifying seminars and workshops to be attended by clients relative to SMEs